Skip to content
- Bombay Stock Exchange index or Sensex was started in 1986 whereas National Stock Exchange index namely Nifty started in 1995.
- The base year for the sensex is 1978-79 and base value is 100 whereas the base year for nifty is 1994 and base value is 1000.
- BSE consists of 30 scrips whereas NSE consists of 50 scrips.
- BSE is screen based trading whereas NSE is ringless, national, computerized exchange.
- BSE has adopted both quote driven system and order driven system whereas NSE has opted for an order driven system.