Skip to content
- It is the largest segment of debt market in India.
- It accounts for nearly 2/3rd of the issues in primary market.
- It accounts for nearly 4/5th of the turnover in secondary market.
- Issues are regulated by RBI under Public Debt Act.
- These securities are issued through an auction mechanism.
- Perspective investors are banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, trusts, provident funds etc.
- These instruments can be traded in WDM segment of NSE which is fully automated screen based trading system.